STAGES Performing Arts Youth Academy nurtures artistic, intellectual and character development of youth and young adults through an educational theatre arts program that develops confidence, respect, cooperation and creative critical thinking.
Core Beliefs & Visions:
We believe in the power of theatre.
- Stages will strive to use theatre as a vehicle to help shape the lives of children and young adults in a positive direction.
We value the creativity and uniqueness of children and young adults.
- Stages will strive to help each child and young adult find his/her creative voice whether it be performing, directing or in the technical aspect of theatre.
- Stages will strive to respect the individual distinctiveness of each child and young adult and help him/her find their creative voice.
All people deserve to be treated with respect, compassion and dignity in a nurturing environment.
- Stages staff and volunteers will strive to be kind to all children and young adults who enter our theatre.
- Because we value the commitment and passion of our volunteers we will strive to treat each of them in a kind, grateful and respectful manner
- Stages staff and volunteers will strive to treat all patrons with respect.
- Stages staff and volunteers will strive to help children and young adults treat each other in a compassion and respectful manner.
Children can behave in a professional manner
- Stages will strive to teach children and young adults professional theatre etiquette and expect them to display that professionalism in any theatre setting they encounter.
A strong education program is crucial to the strength of our organization.
- Stages will strive to create a rigorous education program that teaches the many aspects of theatre.
- Stages will always be looking to improve and adjust our education program to better meet the needs of our students and community.
- Stages will hire exceptional quality teachers who will adhere to our mission statement and core values.
Our productions must be of exceptional quality.
- Stages will strive to develop productions that show how wonderfully capable children and young adults are at performing in an extraordinary manner.
- Stages will strive to develop productions that technically display the magnificent creative potential of children and young adults.
- Stages will strive to gather exceptional quality staff and volunteers who will use their talents to create top quality productions.
Fiscal responsibility is essential to our organization.
- Stages will strive to honor the generosity of those who give financially to the organization by using the money solely to carry out our mission statement and goals.
- Stages will always be honest and forthright regarding our monetary activities and responsibilities.
Serving our community is core to our existence.
- Stages will look outside our theatre walls to serve the community and bring the magic of theatre to as many children and young adults as possible.