The I’m A STAR program is targeted at actors living with physical and intellectual disabilities ages 13 and up.
We offer instruction in acting, creative movement and improv. Each term culminates in a showcase that is open to the public.
Our goals for actors are:
* Increase in language usage
* Improve communication skills where they learn to speak clearly and loudly.
* Ability to follow sequential directions
* Improved social interactions with peers
* Improved ability to express emotions and ideas
* Discovery of fun new opportunities in theater
Register for I’m a STAR
Mail the completed form(s) along with a check for $75.00 to:
22115 NW Imbrie Dr
Hillsboro, Oregon 97124
NOTE: FOR THE SAFETY OF ALL STUDENTS AND STAFF, EACH STUDENT MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING STANDARDS:
- The student must be adaptable to the group/classroom environment without unduly disrupting the quality of the experience for others
- Regularly attending the classes in which he/she is enrolled as this is not a drop-in program.
- The applicant must be free of conditions and behaviors that might not be manageable in a group setting including violent outbursts or behaviors, whether physical or verbal.
- The student must not need the constant one-on-one supervision by STAGES staff.
- The applicant must be able to eat and use the rest room independently, without the assistance of STAGES staff. If the applicant is unable to perform these tasks without assistance, the applicant is responsible for providing his/her own personal attendant/caregiver as necessary.
- Actively participating in program activities to the best of his/her ability.